Mt. Van Hoevenberg and NENSA (New England Nordic Ski Association) are excited to introduce the Keys to the Castle Roller Ski Race. The Keys to the Castle Roller Ski Race will be held on the brand-new roller ski loop at Mt. Van Hoevenberg.
We invite you to come out to Mt. Van Hoevenberg on Saturday, September 18th, to spectate the Keys to the Castle Roller Ski Race to the brand-new roller ski loop at Mt. Van Hoevenberg. The race will be a combination of high-level junior athletes and elite athletes from throughout North America. Mt. Van Hoevenberg is excited to welcome Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation XC Gold Team, Bridger Ski Foundation Nordic Pro & PG Team and the SMS T2 Team to take part in this exciting event. This will be the most competitive race hosted at the world-class venue since its completion.
Athletes Scheduled to Appear:
– Jessie Diggins, current Overall World Cup Champion, current FIS Tour de Ski Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist
– Katherine Ogden, FIS Junior World Championship Bronze Medalist
– Julia Kern, US Ski Team Member
– Johnny Hagenbuch, FIS Junior World Championship Gold Medalist
– Ben Ogden, FIS Junior World Championship Gold Medalist
– Karl Schulz, Sun Valley Gold Team, NYSEF alum and Lake Placid Native
Racing will start at 10:30 am with qualifying heats, followed by 6 quarterfinals with 4 athletes in each race, then 3 semi-final races with 4 athletes in each race and then Final to see who will take the Keys to the Castle home!