Our Youth Sports Fundamental Program is an action packed adventure in development! Designed for 7 to 12 year-olds, this ten-session program is all about introducing and honing fundamental sport skills through a range of activities that develop strength, coordination and kinesthetic awareness. From skiing, running, hiking and biking to climbing and sliding, you’ll be exposed to a range of sports only found right here in the Olympic region.
- Skiing: Our skilled instructors create a supportive and fun atmosphere that builds a life-long love for cross country skiing. Our sessions are designed around age and ability, your child will learn about the different styles of skiing classics and skating, other Nordic sports ski orienteering, and biathlon while being encouraged to challenge their boundaries and enjoy the thrill of gliding on snow.
- Running: Get ready to move as participants master the art of running! Our coaches will teach proper technique, including posture, stride length, and arm movement. With fun games and activities, they’ll build endurance and speed. Plus, they’ll even explore map and compass reading while hiking Mt Van Hoevenberg – a life skill every Adirondacker should have!
- Biking: We’ll hit the trails with exciting biking adventures! From learning bike handling skills to nailing balance and control, our kids will become confident riders on any terrain and learn to always put safety first.
- Body Strength & Agility: Get strong, stable, and coordinated with age-appropriate strength training exercises! Our young athletes will target different muscle groups, discovering the importance of a solid foundation for sports performance.
- Climbing: Scaling new heights has never been more thrilling! Our climbing sessions will introduce participants to climbing techniques, body positioning, and essential safety protocols. Confidence and body awareness will soar as they conquer different climbing routes.
- Fundamental Skills: Agility, balance, coordination, and spatial awareness are the superpowers of sports, and we’ll help your kids master them all! Engaging drills, games, and activities will ensure they’re well-prepared for whatever sport they participate in.
This program will ignite a lifelong passion for sports, encourage physical fitness, and nurture teamwork and sportsmanship in every participant. The Youth Sports Fundamental Program is the perfect playground for young athletes to discover their potential and lay the groundwork for future success.
Join us on this exhilarating journey of exploration, growth, and achievement – because sports have never been this fun!
|Wee Ski||3-6||Wed & Sat Dec 2-Mar 9||$75|
|Sport Fundamentals||7-12||Wed & Sat Dec 2-Mar 9||$125|
|Sport Fundamentals||13+||Wed & Sat Dec 2-Mar 9||$125|
|Youth Bobsled||Sun Nov 1-Apr 31||$125|
|Drop-In||$10||On Site Only|